Dark Trade: Lost In Boxing, by Donald McRae, award-winning author of eleven non-ﬁction books and staff writer for the Guardian, is widely considered of one of the best boxing books all time.
This is a new edition, released in the United States for the ﬁrst time, that includes a new chapter by the author, plus a stunning cover that features a painting of boxer James Toney by noted boxing artist Amanda Kelley.
Dark Trade captures McRae’s illuminating ﬁve-year journey through the intense and forbidding world of the professional ﬁght game. Tyson, Bruno, Hamed, Benn, Eubank, Holyﬁeld, Watson, Jones, and Toney conﬁde in him their fears and ambitions. Their fantastic, almost mythological stories are uncovered in striking detail, drawn from the hundreds of hours McRae spent in their company.
With wit, compassion, and lucidity, Dark Trade examines the ways in which race and violence beat at the heart of American and British society and what it is that drives men to pursue this most brutal kind of fame.
This title will be available via Ingram & IndieBound.org
We are an indie-friendly publisher! Please contact us for information about this title and about ways we can collaborate.
- Publication Date: November 15, 2018
- Author: Donald McRae
- Winner of the prestigious William Hill Sports Book of the Year award
- First U.S. edition, includes a new chapter by the author
- Cover features an original, commissioned painting of ﬁve-time world champion James Toney, by noted boxing artist Amanda Kelley
- Available in the United States only
- Hardcover ISBN: 978-1-949590-05-0
- Paperback ISBN: 978-1-949590-06-7