Coming June, 2020!
In Shot at a Brothel, Patrick Connor reveals the salacious story of how handsome, playful, heavyweight boxer Oscar “Ringo” Bonavena wound up murdered outside of an infamous Nevada brothel, and why.
Argentine heavyweight Oscar “Ringo” Bonavena was frequently described as “happy-go-lucky” and “just a big kid.” But virtuous sweethearts don’t tend to be gunned down on the front steps of a whorehouse. Bonavena’s recklessness left behind him a trail of self-destruction that ended violently at Reno’s infamous Mustang Ranch.
Shot at a Brothel: The Spectacular Demise of Oscar “Ringo” Bonavena is the fifth in the Hamilcar Noir series. Hamilcar Noir is “Hard-Hitting True Crime” that blends boxing and true crime, featuring riveting stories captured in high-quality prose, with cover art inspired by classic pulp novels.
Other Hamilcar Noir Titles include:
- Berserk: The Shocking Life and Death of Edwin Valero
- The Ghost of Johnny Tapia
- Slaughter in the Streets: When Boston Became Boxing’s Murder Capital
- Killed in Brazil?: The Mysterious Death of Arturo Gatti
Learn more about this title:
- Publication Date: June 23, 2020
- Author: Patrick Connor
- Edition: 1st edition
- Availability: Worldwide
- Imprint: Hamilcar Publications
- Series: Hamilcar Noir, Vol. 5
- ISBN: 978-1949590272
- Page Count: 144
- List Price: $10.99 | £8.99
- Distribution: Two Rivers